Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I can't be bothered to come up with an awful Doctor pun. You're welcome.

So while watching some Doctor Who a few weeks back, I started doodling on a manila folder, which was at the time also my mousepad. I came up with a (rather poor) caricature of Matt Smith as the Doctor. I decided then to give a go at the Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant Doctors, which turned out a fair bit better. I scanned them, drew over them to make fixes (completely redoing the Matt Smith one several times), and then went over the lines with the pen tool. Here's what I have so far:



(Clickify to embiggify)

I'm gonna do color tomorrow, which I'm hoping doesn't ruin it since I'm iffy with colors.

For those that Don't know Doctor Who, here's links to the IMDB pages of these actors, in order as they are in the image:

Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith



So I realized I never made any post about my moving to California so here's a small little summary:

Tim and I each drove out here, our cars basically jam-packed full of all of our crap. We were initially considering a u-haul trailer, but many times along the way were shown how much that would have sucked, especially through the mountains, and parking.

So the drive itself, while long and tedious, wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. About the time I was getting really bored with driving, we hit Colorado and there were at least interesting things to look at for basically the rest of the way. It was fairly uneventful, aside from one morning of Tim locking his keys in the car, a truck kicking something up at him and cracking his windshield, and battling traffic, the worst being by Chicago and all the way from Vegas to L.A. We didn't really expect the worst part about driving in the desert to be the traffic.

So after 4 long days of driving, we got here, and stayed with the guy running Tim's internship. That lasted 3 nights while we searched for apartments in a bit of a panic, as not to overstay our welcome. We were quite lucky to get a place with neither of us having real jobs at the moment, but we did have to fight for it.

So now we're all moved in, sleeping on air mattresses for at least a few weeks. I'm gonna hold off on pictures of the apartment until it's not an utter disaster. So that's where I'm at now, and would explain why there haven't been any posts in a while.


In terms of animation work, I'm putting the dialogue animation on hold, partially because it's a little on the huge side, and I want to focus on getting some basic things, like running/jumping exercises and the like. I'm working on one now, hopefully I'll have something showable in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment