Thursday, June 3, 2010

Animationizing

I've done some work on the assignment I gave myself in my previous post. Mostly just in bits of an hour or so whenever I give myself time to do it.

I'm in blocking right now, not done yet. I'm making the first pass main body poses only, working fingers and face into it on the second pass. I think I've discovered this is one of my least favorite parts of the process. I get impatient and want to dig into the detailed stuff but I have to hold back. Also, especially for a piece this long, it takes forever to get a pass done, so after all thew time I've been working on this I still don't have a complete idea of what I'm making.

Anyway, here it is:

Practice Dialogue Animation from Ryan Neff on Vimeo.



Still not to the end yet, there's another couple seconds after this that I cut out. My plan for him at the end of this is to plop down in his chair and hang his head, it's basically crying/mumbling after this.

2 comments:

  1. Nice start man. I really love the pose around f350 when he turns around. It looks like it has some good emotional potential all around. Did you thumbnail out your idea first or are you just gunning for it in the computer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbnails first, though as usual they've changed a fair amount in parts as I sorta improvised as I was blocking. When I get my scanner unpacked I'll probably scan them in and post them.

    ReplyDelete