Saturday, April 17, 2010

Adventures in Sleep Deprivation!

Well this week has been quite stressful, getting everything together for internship/job applications. Yesterday I sent out applications for Pixar, Disney, Blue Sky, and Insomniac Games because they were the most urgent.

I made snazzy little DVD boxes for my reels:With a copy of my resume on the back:
And finally learned what the LightScribe thing on my DVD drive does:

There's an updated version of my reel on Vimeo now (you can use the link in my last post)

And I made this for my friend Jeff's birthday in like 20 minutes earlier this week:
There is an actual story behind this.

Back in the dorms, I was playing Roller Coaster Tycoon and I made an prison island in the middle and filled it with about 100 of the "entertainer" employees that are dressed up as pandas. Every time the in-game date reached Jeff's birthday, I celebrated by gabbing one of the pandas and drowning him. (you know, that seems a little disturbing now that I think about it.) I think it may have started off as a way to bring Jeff down after getting so excited about his fake birthday, but it started a tradition. Since I didn't have Roller Coaster Tycoon this year, I decided to make a little drawing instead.


And one last thing, just a little animation I started work on about a week ago in what little free time I have. this is step-tangent blocking with plateau tangents thrown on to get a look at what's going on. This represents about 2 1/2 hours of work. A fluke crash stole about an hour of work where I blocked out part of Gabe's fall after the punch. I'm hoping to take that part fairly cartoony in the end.


Gabe and Dan Fight - WIP from Ryan Neff on Vimeo.



And that's that for now. Back to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment