Sunday, October 16, 2011

Some Musicing

I'm finishing off a song I've been working on for about 6 months on-and-off. I've added some stuff to the end, and I'm going to start thinking about recording soon.

Here's the song:
NewtrackUpdate by Ryanimation

I want some feedback on this song, but first, some things to note:

- 3:15-3:50 is going to be a lightly-distorted improvised guitar solo.
- The transition at 4:44 will blend a bit better. There will be more overlap between the parts.
- 5:01-End is going to be a clean improvised guitar solo. I might repeat that section a few more times depending on how the solo comes out. I kept it short because listening to it without a solo is a bit tedious.
- There will be a bit more at the end eventually. I haven't planned how I want it to end, but I don't want to fade out like I do on basically every other song I write.

Basically the goal in writing this song was initially to write a clean, jazzy prog-rock song. As it evolved, it showed some post-rock influence. I wrote the last bit today to merge some elements from the whole song. It has a jazzier feel than the parts before it, but there are other musical similarities to those parts.

So if anyone wants to give feedback, I'd like to hear what people think about the song as a whole, if anything sounds wrong or out of place or what have you. Also, I need a name for it, something that makes sense with what one might hear in the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment